Tuesday, November 29, 2005

doughnut update

Regarding my earlier predictions of excess doughnut consumption, I am surprised to report that I went to America for a week and didn't eat a single doughnut! This time I ended up eating enormous amounts of salad. I mean, really enormous amounts. And here's the thing: as someone who avoids salad, I was nevertheless convinced that salad-eaters were superior people. Their skin was shinier, their hair glossier, their personalities more pleasant. I thought that eating salad for a week would make me a better person. Instead, it seems to have had no effect at all. Another myth debunked.

3 comments:

Stephen G said...

I'm disappointed (though your arteries probably aren't). I had hoped for detail analysis on doughnut species. Good to hear the paper went well.

Joanna said...

Actually, the worst coffee I ever had was in Italy!

Joanna said...

It's very kind of you to say so - and yes, wonderful movie!