Friday, July 28, 2006

book meme

Ben has come up with a meme about books... I've tagged a few people below, but I'd love to hear anyone else's responses, too!

1. One book that changed your life.

Salman Rushdie, Midnight's Children

2. One book you've read more than once

Joan Aiken, Wolves of Willoughby Chase
(at least fifteen times before I was 12!)

3. One book you'd want on a desert island

Psalms

4. One book that made you laugh

Kingsley Amis, Lucky Jim

5. One book that made you cry

Primo Levi, If This is a Man

6. One book you wish had been written

Jurgen Habermas, The Simple Version

7. One book you wish had never been written

The Scofield Reference Bible
(just the reference bits, obviously!)

8. One book you're currently reading

Asa Briggs, The Age of Improvement, 1783 - 1867

9. One book you've been meaning to read

William Cavanaugh, Theopolitical Imagination

10. Tag five people:

Greg
Simone
Simon
Stephen

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Thanks for posting your list, Jo. I was wondering what you'd write. I've had it in mind to read Asa briggs too. will get round to it one day - how are you finding it? just the thing for post-thesis blues - or not? hope you're well...

Stephen G said...

Jo, I'll post my list in the next day or so. Hardest thing to decide is the book that changed your life question. People tend to do that for me, not particular books.

Joanna said...

Thanks, all - I've enjoyed reading your lists, as well. Thumbs up on Asa Briggs, though E P Thompson is more entertaining.

Chris TerryNelson said...

Theopolitical Imagination is awesome, so get to it quick!