Monday, July 24, 2006

all done bar the waiting

Yes indeedy, the thesis is in. The forms have been signed, the champagne has been drunk, the celebratory balloon has been received (a Melbourne Uni tradition). After three and a half years working on this project, I feel like someone who has just done something incredibly risky - presented my work to senior scholars for their merciless scrutiny - WHAT WAS I THINKING???
And now: semester has begun, I start tutoring today, I have post-docs and jobs for which to apply, articles to write, publishers to contact, seminars to organise.... and plenty of blogging to catch up on! I'm looking forward to it all.

5 comments:

Stephen G said...

Well done. Inspirational.

Hope all the other things go well.

Joanna said...

thanks! It's good to be done!

Mike Morrell said...

Congrats! Say, I have an Ooze-related question for you, but I couldn't find your email address on here. Would you mind emailing me at zoecarnate [at] theooze [dot] com? Thanks!

Ben Myers said...

That's great to hear, Jo!

Joanna said...

Thanks, all - I am slowly getting over my panic and starting to enjoy the feeling of liberation!