Thursday, April 20, 2006

perils of an ipod (or 'from the sublime to the ridiculous')

Can I just ask: is there anything more ridiculous than a 31-year-old, middle-class white woman standing in a train carriage jam-packed with commuters, jutting her chin and tapping her toe while repeatedly mouthing the words 'Jesus walks'?
I think not. And yet, when it comes to this song, I simply cannot help myself. My fellow-passengers should just be relieved that I have so far resisted the urge to actually start rapping. 'Y'll know what the midwest is?/ The young and restless - the restless/ Might snatch your neckless/ Next day - they'll jack your Lexus'. I save that for the shower.

2 comments:

Stephen G said...

Taking one's iPod into the shower is possibly more ridiculous.

http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2006/03/inshower_mp3pla.html

Joanna said...

Yes - surely that spoils the fun of being able to sing to yourself as loudly as you want? Now a MICROPHONE in the shower makes sense...