Tuesday, December 13, 2005

email embarrassment

I am usually very, very careful about how I email. On too many occasions I've been on email lists where people have composed very personal emails and then blithely hit reply-all.... I am scrupulous about checking who I have in the To: heading. Today I wasn't careful, and I really should have been.
I'd taken my courage in my hands and sent a copy of an article I'd written to a senior academic I really respect. I don't know her very well, but she had been kind enough to invite me to send something I'd written. I waited with bated breath (all this tragic postgraduate insecurity!) and this morning she wrote back and said nice things about it. Woohoo! I said to myself. 'Woohoo!' I wrote in an email to Andrew. Only it didn't go to Andrew, of course... I'd hit reply instead of forward.
'Woohoo!' Honestly!

1 comment:

myleswerntz said...

myles from generous orthodoxy here. i was looking for an email, but couldn't find one, but i wanted to see if you would be interested in helping to lead the book discussion on the Creegan and Pohl book on evangelical women. Write me at myles_werntz@baylor.edu and tell me if this is something you'd be interested in.